Wednesday, January 30, 2013

post 4

Well it snowed today! But it did not stay in the range of 30-35 degrees. My prediction for the weather was only half right. In fact, according to Weather.com there is a wind chill advisory in effect - the definition according to Weather.com is "... when issued wind chill temperature are expected to be a significant inconvenience to life with prolonged exposure and could lead to hazardous exposure." The temperature today was a chilly average of 20 degrees. Which felt like 5.
 

This is a percipation map I found on Weather.com. It is predicting the next 48 hours and as you can see there are many places getting rain around the country. Michigan and New York are getting quite the snow fall and good old Wisconsin should be getting a light dusting. I was thinking that would happen today however I would not qualify the snow fall today as a light dusting. 
I think tomorrow it will be cold all day tomorrow with a temperature around- I'm thinking- 15 degrees but hopefully the sun pops out. Interesting fact I learned from my grade school weather class is the sun is closer to the earth during winter solstice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment